In 2006/7, Jay-Z topped the charts as the richest rapper with the highest income for the year raking in an estimated US$34 million.
He was closely followed by 50 Cent at $32 million in second, Sean “Diddy” Combs at $28 million in third and Timbaland and Dr Dre who earned $21 million and $20 million each respectively.
All together, the top 20 highest earning rappers in the year from 2006 to 2007 earned a total of about US$350 million.
2006-2007 Highest Earning Rap & Hip-Hop Artists:
- Jay-Z (a.k.a. Shawn Carter) $34 million
- 50 Cent (a.k.a. Curtis Jackson) $32 million
- Diddy (a.k.a. Sean Combs, formerly Puff Daddy and P. Diddy) $28 million
- Timbaland (a.k.a. Timothy Mosley) $21 million
- Dr. Dre (a.k.a. Andre Young) $20 million
- Eminem (a.ka. Marshall Mathers, “Slim Shady”) $18 million
- Snoop Dogg (a.k.a. Calvin Broadus) $17 million
- Kanye West $17 million
- Pharrell Williams $17 million
- Scott Storch $17 million
- Ludacris (a.k.a. Christopher Bridges) $16 million
- T.I. (a.k.a. Clifford Harris) $16 million
- Outkast (a.k.a. Antwan “Big Boi” Patton and Andre “Andre 3000” Benjamin) $14 million
- Lil Jon (a.k.a. Jonathan Smith) $14 million
- Ice Cube (a.k.a. O’Shea Jackson) $13 million
- Jermaine Dupri $12 million
- Swizz Beatz (a.k.a. Kasseem Dean) $12 million
- Chamillionaire (a.k.a. Hakeem Seriki) $11 million
- The Game (a.k.a. Jayceon Taylor) $11 million
- Yung Joc (a.k.a. Jasiel Robinson) $10 million